(Ellsworth) – The former Hilltop House restaurant that was undergoing renovations in Ellsworth to become the new China Hill went up in flames overnight. Ellsworth Fire Chief Richard Tupper tells Star 97-7 a passing motorist spotted the flames as he passed the building on Kingsland Crossing at about 10:30 last night. Help came to Ellsworth from Hancock, Trenton, Lamoine, Franklin and Dedham. Chief Tupper says they had to use an excavator that was on scene to pull down walls to get to the fire which continues to smolder. The fire marshal’s office will look for the cause later today.