The 5th annual Star 97.7 “Cutest Dog Contest.”
Sponsored by FRIENDS OF FORT KNOX
Who will be TOP DOG in the STAR 97.7 5th Annual “Maine’s Cutest Dog Contest,” sponsored by Friends of Fort Knox!
**The submission window is now closed.**
Random drawing / winner will be announced on Friday morning, August 14 th, after the 7am news.
THIS YEAR’S GRAND PRIZE INCLUDES:
– Large 14-23”, metal buckle navy/red lobster collar from Sew Fetch Dog Collars…
– $25 gift card to Aroma Joes in Ellsworth…
-$25 gift card to Pat’s Pizza in Ellsworth
– $25 gift card to Ruth and Wimpy’s Restaurant in Hancock…
Complete Rules, please read these rules carefully:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AGE EIGHTEEN (I8) OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS CONTEST.
I. ELIGIBILITY: The Cutest Dog Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to people who are legal residents of the Maine on the date of entry and the date a prize is awarded (if applicable) and who are eighteen (I8) years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides at the time of entry. The Contest is void in Puerto Rico. all U.S. Territories, the remaining 49 states, and the district of Columbia and possessions and overseas U.S. Military installations and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, the parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates of each of the foregoing or Stony Creek Broadcasting(“SCB”) (Sponsor and all of the foregoing entities are referred to collectively herein as the “Contest Entities”). and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e.. the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider. on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address).
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for the Contest begins at 12:00pm Eastern Time (ET) Monday August 3rd 2020 and closes on Thursday August 13th 2020 on 12:00pm Eastern Time (ET) (the “Entry Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest during the Entry Period. Send entries to email@example.com (which requires the entrant to provide his or her name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, and name of the animal pictured. One entry per pet, and each photograph submitted must be unique. Stock Photo’s will not be accepted. If an entrant submits a particular Photograph or pet more than once, or if multiple entrants submit the same Photograph all related photos will be disqualified. Sponsor will have the right to disqualify any or all affected entries as Sponsor determines in its discretion. If an entrant submits more than one (I) entry. the entrant must send a separate email with respect to each entry. All entries must be completed and received by Sponsor by no later than the conclusion of the Entry Period. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. There is a limit of one (I) prize per person. An entrant selected as a potential winner with respect to a particular pet will not be permitted to be a potential winner with respect to other pets. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. THEMES: The Theme is as follows: Maine’s Cutest Dog.
5. PHOTO GUIDELINES: All Photographs must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Photograph must be in .jpg, .png, .gif. .tif or .jpeg file format and minimum ﬁle size of five hundred (500) kilobytes; (b) the resolution of the Photograph must be at least 300 dpi; (c) the Photograph (including the copyright in the Photograph) must be owned by the entrant and must be original; (d) the Photograph must have been taken by the entrant and must not previously have been published for commercial or editorial purposes in any commercially-produced publication (e.g.. magazines, websites) or have won any award; (e) the Photograph must not depict or refer to any brand or trademark; (f) the Photograph must not contain any material that is defamatory. threatening. indecent, violent, obscene or offensive. or that promotes a political agenda: (g) the Photograph must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party. including without limitation copyrights. trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations. or whose use by the Licensees (as defined in Section 9) requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party; (h) if the Photograph identifies or depicts any person other than the entrant, and pet, the entrant must have prior to submission obtained written consent from such person (or his or her parent or legal guardian. if the person identified or depicted is a minor) to the use by the Licensees of the Photograph including such person’s name, image and/or other identifying information, as applicable. as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules; and (i) the Photograph must not contain any material that Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities. in their sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing. By submitting a Photograph, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the foregoing requirements and has obtained all permissions. licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Photograph and the use of the Photograph as permitted pursuant to Section 9 of these Official Rules and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. Each entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsors request copies of all such permissions. licenses and consents. Sponsor and the Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Photograph that Sponsor and the Contest Entities determine does not comply with these guidelines, to make such changes to any Photograph as are necessary to make it compliant, or to require the entrant to do so.
WINNER SELECTION: With respect to the Theme, one (l) potential winner will be selected by random drawing and announced on Friday, August 14th, at 7:05am. There will be no judges.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by e-mail (sent to the e-mail address provided by the entrant when entering) mail and/or telephone in Sponsor’s discretion. Each potential winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release certifying. among other things, that the Photograph complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 5). If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, or fails to return contact to Sponsor any required documentation within three (3) days of delivery to the potential winner of the same or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable. the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen (using the same selection method as resulted in the initial selection of the potential winner who was disqualified). Winners of the first annual cutest dog contest are not eligible to enter this contest.
PRIZES: Grand Prize will include:
Special lobster dog collar from Sew Fetch Dog Collars of Maine…
$25 Gift cards gift card to Aroma Joe’s, Pat’s Pizza, and Ruth and Wimpy’s..
RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By entering, each entrant, on behalf of the entrant and his or her heirs, executors, guardians, assigns, agents, and representatives releases each of the Licensees and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing, and all people and entities involved in the development or execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and agrees not to assert any claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the conduct of or the entrant’s participation in the Contest. The acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof. travel to and/or participation in any prize-related activity, the use of any Photograph by any of the Licensees or any other exercise by any of the Licensees of the rights granted herein, and all liabilities. losses. injuries and/or damages arising out of relating to the same. The foregoing includes. without limitation. Any claims, actions, suits, proceedings or demands based upon or alleging any invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity or infringement of any intellectual property or other personal or proprietary rights, or any personal injury or death to an entrant or any other person or any damage to or loss of personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly. By reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or any component thereof and any activity or travel related thereto or participation in this Contest. Entrants assume all liability for and risk of any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this contest, the acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof or travel to or participation in any prize-related activity.
GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for late. lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries or e-mails. incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries. Photographs or entry information, any delay or interruption in the launch, accessibility or operation of the Website or any entry or voting period or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user ‘s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user ‘s e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Voters MUST accept web page cookies. DELETING COOKIES, OR IP ADDRESS MANIPULATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION. The Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Contest any individual who the Contest Entities determine or believe, in their sole discretion, (a) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (b) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of any Contest Entity, or (c) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. Cheating will proven by evidence including, but not limited to; public postings on social media encouraging or explaining how to circumvent the rules and inconsistent site visitors/vote counts. The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or time frames stipulated in these Official Rules) and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other cause beyond the control of the Contest Entities corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest, as determined by the Contest Entities, or if for any other reason the Contest Entities are not able to conduct the Contest as planned (including without limitation in the event the operation of the Contest is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity. federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Contest. a notice will be posted on the Website and the Judges designated by Sponsor and/or SCB may select a winner for the Theme from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined by Sponsor. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold each of the Contest Entities and each of their successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing. harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the use by any of them of the Photograph as permitted here under. and all liabilities, losses, injuries and/or damages to entrant or any other person arising out of relating to the same. Entries and Photographs will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of any prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in Hancock County in the State of Maine, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. Each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all claims, causes of action and/or lawsuits relating to or arising out of the Contest shall be an action at law for the recovery of monetary damages only, and in no event shall any of the rights acquired or to be acquired by any of the Licensees here under be affected or impaired. Each entrant agrees that in no event shall the entrant have the right to enjoin or otherwise interfere with the exercise by any of the Licensees of any of their rights here under or to terminate or rescind any of the rights granted herein. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Any issues with online voting (including votes that are unable to be cast, or are note recorded) that are limitations of the software used to tally votes will not be addressed by the Sponsor, as the Sponsor is not the software developer.
WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winner, available after September 1, 2020. send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cutest Dog Photo Contest, c/o Star 97.7, 409 High Street, Suite 3, Ellsworth, ME 04605
13.SPONSOR: Star 97.7, 409 High Street, Suite 3, Ellsworth ME 04605